Tuesday, January 17, 2012

{ bunting inspired invitations }

Incredibly enough, it's the middle of the month already! Where,
oh where is the time going!? I feel like I've been so busy
lately. But, really, I've only done a few projects and 
mostly crocheting! :) Time to get some more projects complete!


My baby girl is turning 4 tomorrow 
(then no more birthdays 'til September)!
We are celebrating this weekend with a tea party
and then a BBQ. I finally made the invitations!


I was walking through Goodwill the other day and found a pack
of invitations for $0.50. This is significantly less than what
I usually spend on invitations. Even home made ones! It actually 
costs me more than that for just one piece of card stock at
my local scrapbook store. So, needless to say, I bought them!

What you'll need:

* Invitations or card stock cut to invitations size
* Craft paper or paper bag
* Pattern paper ( I used scraps)
* Scissors
* Glue
* Sewing machine with coordinating thread
* Embellishments (optional)

Here is a photo of my fifty cent invitations!

Start by tracing the section you want covered onto
your craft paper. Then cut the piece out.

Glue it down and trim the edges. Set the invitation aside.

Cut out small triangles from your pattern paper. I used
7 different papers. 


Now, line them up on your invitation how you want them.
you can draw a line or use some string to help 
you out if you want. I just eyed mine up and then used it
as a visual for the others. 

Now glue your flags down. I only put a small amount
of glue on the top edge so the flags didn't lay flush. 


Using your sewing machine, sew along the tops of the
flags from one side to the other and then reverse stitch
back to the beginning. Don't worry about staying on the
same line. It looks cute to have them a little crazy!
And don't forget to sew it 
with the invitation open! 
Don't want to sew it closed!



Now you can add any embellishment your little heart desires! 
I kept mine simple and just added a flower with
a button brad!  




Such an easy way to make those left over invitations from 
last year work again this year! 
Total cost for 10 invitations: $0.50


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are my favorite! Too cute.